Build a Powerful Network ● Make Proper Introductions ● Overcome Networking Fear
Building a Network for Success
Price: $14.99 ⏐ Course duration: 1 hour + workbook assignments ⏐ Start date: You can start today!
What You Will Learn
- Use the Connector’s Toolbox so you have a set of templates and guides to help you along the way.
- Create a Networking System so you’re comfortable with the process of reaching out.
- Reach out to your past acquaintances, making your first connections easier to manage.
- Build a people funnel to amplify your reach and minimize your fear of rejection.
- Channel your inner Mr. Rogers so you can give sincere and powerful thank you’s to those who’ve helped you along the way, and
- Approach people you don’t know with confidence, making it seem to others that networking comes easy to you.
Have you ever wished for a guide book, or step-by-step process for growing your network? How-to’s for growing gardens are out there – why not networks? Do you watch colleagues gain friends and connections like it’s nobody’s business? We felt that way for a long time, too.
That’s why this course was created – to help those of you who have a hard time connecting with people. Whether it’s because of stress, anxiety, fear, or you just don’t know what to say – we get it. In this course, you’ll gain the following, career-saving skills:
- Developing stronger relationships through the five ways of giving.
- Overcoming the fear of reaching out to old connections and confidently starting conversations with new (and old) friends and peers.
- Meeting new people without the icky networking feeling, and showing confidence instead.
- Developing bridging connections that can link you to new networks, growing your overall web of collaborators, and
- Sincerely saying thank you to those that have helped you along the way, gaining their thanks in return – and their respect – plus many more skills.
Will you survive without these skills? Sure. But, will you be happier and more successful having them? Absolutely!
This course has helped hundreds of STEM professionals step outside of their comfort zone and watch it grow, open new opportunities they wouldn’t have seen otherwise, and simply meet new people without sweating. We’re sure you can benefit from it as well.
Please, feel free to take a free preview of the course – or – jump right in!
Ready to get started?
What’s Inside the Course?
Once enrolled, you’ll find:
- 10, 5-minute, daily readings so you get bite-sized bits of info that won’t overwhelm.
- A corresponding, hands-on workbook to help you get ahead of life.
- A test to show you understand the material.
- A survey to let us know what you thought about the course, and
- A Certificate of Mastery to show off to your boss, on LinkedIn, and/or frame on your wall!
The Course Includes:
- 10 Lessons
- Hands-On Workbook
- End of Course Quiz
- Supplemental Reading Material
- Course Certificate
- Course Survey
Module1 – Tools for Success
Lesson 1: You’re Only as Good as Your Network
Lesson 2: The Connector’s Toolbox
Module 2 – Making Introductions
Lesson 3: Creating a Networking System
Lesson 4: Bridging Networks
Lesson 5: Dormant Ties
Lesson 6: Double Opt-in Introductions
Module 3 – Finding Your Voice
Lesson 7: Conversation Experiments
Lesson 8: Building a People Funnel
Lesson 9: How to Approach People You Don’t Know
Lesson 10: The Mr. Roger’s Rule
How does it work?
Growing a network is a slow process that takes nurturing – just like that garden we talked about earlier. This course is designed for you to complete one lesson per day. This allows each concept to fully sink in and be understood, and making you feel confident in your abilities before you move on.
A lot of online courses are incredibly long – not ours. You’re able to move faster than one lesson per day if you’d like, but going slow and steady is the name of the game. One per day also makes it very easy to fit into your busy schedule.
As for the workbook, the assignments are designed to give you real-life practice for each lesson so you learn deeper, faster, and truly see improvements every day.
Who Will This Course Benefit?
We humans are a social bunch (some more than others), and regardless of how social we are, we need a community to help us rise to our highest potential. If you need help growing your community, then this course will benefit you.
This course uses scientific research coupled with your own real-life experiences and experiments to help reduce your anxiety at the prospect of building your community. You’ll finally see what it’s like to open new professional and personal opportunities as you connect with former and new peers.
With Building a Network for Success, you’ll learn how to:
- Write an introduction email or phone script to reduce stress while scheduling a potential meet-up.
- Introduce one friend to another who might benefit from each other’s networks or skills.
- Reduce your anxiety when talking to people by pre-planning conversation points.
- Build the network you want to be associated with – you’ll learn more by sticking with the crowd you want to join than watching from afar.
- Approach people in different networks to continue your growth, and
- Write a meaningful and powerful thank you note to those who have helped you to both show your appreciation and have them respect you in return.
Ready to get started?
Meet Your Instructor
Jordan has spent over a decade forging relationships with CEOs, authors, and entrepreneurs through his professional work on Google’s Mergers and Acquisitions Team, and Google’s Talks Program - a TED-like series recorded for offices worldwide. Jordan’s also the community manager and founder of the Silicon Valley Investor’s Club (SVIC).
These FAQs might help:
We have an email template you can copy/paste and send to your manager to let them know what you’ll learn in the course, and if it will qualify for reimbursement. You can find that here.
– *Completion of the workbook is optional and outside of this timeframe.
Of course. We offer a 30-day money-back guarantee for our courses. If you feel the course didn’t meet your standards, please contact us, here.
Once it hits your inbox, it’s yours to take with you as long as you’d like!
If you run into any issues, you can contact us here and we will do our best to assist!
We accept all major credit cards, PayPal and Stripe.